Posted on: 02/21/2020 (1 year, 11 months ago)Full-Time
Responsible for helping maintain the clubhouse and all other buildings and facility and equipment. Painting, tile, and door and window maintenance; roof and ceiling maintenance.
Responsibilities, Essential Functions, Relationships and Operational Expectation:
- Maintains and makes general repairs to the plumbing fixtures, furniture, woodwork, electrical systems, appliances, elevators, ventilation systems and building structures of the club.
- Maintains the air conditioning, refrigerators, ice makers and pool pum
- Performs routine preventive maintenance (PM) required by club’s PM procedures.
- Installs tile, drywall; makes grouting repairs, patches walls and paves brick.
- Repairs small motors.
- Attends departmental staff meetings.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Maintain the Country Club facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Basic knowledge of trades to understand repair problems and make minor repairs on outlets, lamps and plumbing fixtures.
- General knowledge of power tools.
- Wood floor maintenance and installation of floor tiles.
- Window glass replacement.
- Lock repair and replacement.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Reporting Structure and Non-Exempt Hours:
- Reports Directly To: Maintenance Supervisor/Director
Job Requirements or Work Experience:
- Friendly and outgoing personality is a must
- A strong working knowledge of workplace safety concepts.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, efficient in time management and decision-making.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Interaction with members and guests occasionally
- Ability to operate radio, telephone equipment and/or alarm monitors
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with Event Coordinator regarding electrical setups and other necessary needs for events.
- Must possess a burning desire and commitment for continuous improvement.
- Understand OSHA rules and guidelines
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Post-secondary vocational/ technical training in electrical engineering, HVAC or refrigeration desirable.
- One year maintenance experience in an institutional or business setting.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking
- Must be able to sit or stand for more than 90% of the time and for consecutive work days. This will occur on an average day.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull, carry up to forty (50) pounds.
- Will be expected to work on a level floor 40% of the time. The use of stairs/steps, and unleveled terrain and obstacles on floor could cause an obstruction to level walking.
- All measures will be taken to adhere to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration of the United States Department of Labor. All Oklahoma rules are the same regulations followed by Federal OSHA.
OKCGCC is an equal opportunity employer.